Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 21
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Wishing you strength on your journey. God’s love will carry you.

September 22
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Yes, I was diagnosed with high risk aggressive myeloma January 23rd, 2017. Sometimes I cope Sometimes I can't cope.🀣 I'm lucky, I guess, because I've been on the same treatments for maintenance all this time. I've never been mrd negative but my myeloma is controlled. I have great oncologist and a specialist at Emory. My husband is extremely supportive. He always sees the glass half full. That really helps. I try to eat less processed food and exercise a little every day. I'm a believer in Christ. He has been with me the whole time.πŸ˜‰ I also very grateful that I have one the most treatable cancers out there.

September 22
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Ilse, the AI answer is correct. It could indicate active myeloma. I am IgG lambda myeloma so my lambda light chains were up when my myeloma was diagnosed. You will need to have a bone marrow biopsy to confirm. The Healthtree Foundation website has learning modules that tell all about myeloma. There is one explaining light chains. I find this website very helpful.

September 21
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Thank you, Donna. Am I correct in saying that you have been dx in 2017? How do you cope with mm currently?

September 21
MyMyelomaTeam

These are four key markers used to monitor myeloma activity. Here's a plain-language breakdown of each:

SFLC Lambda – 376
Free light chains are protein fragments made by myeloma plasma cells. A Lambda result of 376 mg/L is elevated above the normal range (roughly 5.7–26.3 mg/L). This suggests active myeloma cell activity Show Full Answer

These are four key markers used to monitor myeloma activity. Here's a plain-language breakdown of each:

SFLC Lambda – 376
Free light chains are protein fragments made by myeloma plasma cells. A Lambda result of 376 mg/L is elevated above the normal range (roughly 5.7–26.3 mg/L). This suggests active myeloma cell activity producing excess Lambda light chains.

S-Lambda/Kappa Ratio – 35.14
This compares Lambda to Kappa light chains. A normal ratio is roughly 0.26–1.65. A ratio of 35.14 is significantly elevated, indicating Lambda-producing myeloma cells are dominant. This is an important marker doctors watch closely.

Albumin – 29 g/L
Normal albumin is roughly 35–50 g/L. A level of 29 is below normal (low albumin). In myeloma staging, low albumin can indicate more advanced disease and is factored into the R-ISS staging system.

Gamma Globulin – 19.2 g/L
Normal gamma globulin is roughly 7–16 g/L. An elevated level like 19.2 can reflect the presence of M-protein (abnormal antibody proteins made by myeloma cells), which is a hallmark of myeloma activity. Taken together, these results suggest myeloma activity that your specialist will want to discuss with you in the context of your full picture β€” including symptoms, other blood work, and treatment history. It's really important to go through these numbers with your care team so they can explain what they mean specifically for your situation and next steps.

September 21

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Durham, NC