I have completed autologous stem cell transplantation and I am now on day five. My white blood cells are nearing zero and my platelets have dropped. What are some tips or things I can do to help boost my white blood cell production and immunity?
You are doing great continue on you’ll be home soon!!!
Be patient drink lots of water number one and grape juice pomegranate juice soups exercise walk lots around your area use exercise tools hospital has on site keep the juices flowing in and out of body as much as naturally possible to clean out toxicity.
Sleep is important to heal listen to music you can relax to and enjoy I read my Bible too and prayed lots!!!
Sleep heals body!
Pick foods with vitamins that help immunity:
1. Citrus Fruits: Oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and limes are excellent sources of vitamin C, which helps boost white blood cell production, crucial for fighting infections.
2. Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are packed with antioxidants and vitamins that support the immune system.
3. Leafy Greens: Spinach, kale, and other leafy greens are rich in vitamins A, C, and E, as well as antioxidants and minerals that contribute to a healthy immune response.
4. Fatty Fish: Salmon, tuna, and other fatty fish are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D, both of which are important for immune function.
5. Yogurt (with live cultures): Probiotics in yogurt help maintain a healthy gut microbiome, which plays a significant role in immune health.
6. Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, sunflower seeds, and other nuts and seeds provide vitamin E, zinc, and other nutrients that support immune function.
7. Ginger and Garlic: These spices contain compounds with anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that can help boost the immune system.
8. Bell Peppers: These vegetables are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, making them a great addition to your diet for immune support.
9. Broccoli: Broccoli is a nutritional powerhouse, packed with vitamins A, C, and E, as well as antioxidants and fiber, all of which contribute to a strong immune system.
10. Tea: Green and black tea are rich in flavonoids and antioxidants that can help boost the immune system, according to some nutrition centers.
11. Turmeric: The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that may improve immune response.
12. Other Foods: Consider incorporating foods like mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and even dark chocolate (in moderation) for their unique immune-boosting properties.
Tips for incorporating these foods:
Add berries to your breakfast cereal or yogurt.
Snack on nuts and seeds.
Incorporate leafy greens into salads and smoothies.
Use ginger and garlic in your cooking.
Choose yogurt with live cultures.
Consider a daily multivitamin that includes vitamin D, especially if you don't get much sunlight, says the British Heart Foundation.
I brought my vitamins and my laxatives was told not to take a single one of them cause it could mess up the stem cell transplant so I respected their wishes.
I ended up desperate when severely constipated and took a fleet sale enema which they became quite upset but senekot never worked on me. Needless to say I waited until I got home to clean out!!
If in hospital do only what doctors and nurses say.