Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
want to share a little update about my journey. Recently I went for a CT scan of my lungs, and today the doctor explained the results to me. They found some changes in my left lung compared to before. There are areas where the lung lining looks thicker, and a small mass in the lower part of the left lung has grown a bit since my last scan. Because of these changes, the doctors want to do another test called a bronchoscopy, where they use a small camera to look inside the airways and take samples to understand it better. Hearing all this was not easy for me. It made me emotional because it feels like one thing after another. But at the same time, I am thankful that I am already under medical care and the doctors are taking steps to find out exactly what

I was shocked and upset but l prayed to GOD and GOD give me the spirit of hope faith and strength.lt is not a death sentence and may be as bad as it seems.So MM Worrior fight till the end.Good night 🙂

October 16, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I had to come to terms with the new version of myself. I used to be an energizer bunny, always on the go. I still enjoy my hobbies, but at a slower pace than before. I don’t entertain as often as I used to, so I enjoy people to the max when we get together. Life has changed for sure.

October 16, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

My unexpected difficulty was not being able to drive a car for six months due to the upper body rib pain. I still have upper body pain but not as bad. 👨‍✈️

October 16, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Hi Ann. I too have 2 titanium rods and 10 screws holding my back together. I’d say we didn’t have much choice. That being said where do we go from here? First get some clothes that fit..😀.. my goal is to exercise the best I can, eat a proper diet so that I have muscle and not carry around unnecessary weight in the form of fat. Yep the back pain is still there. But I find exercise certainly helps with that.

October 16, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Right after I took the Chemo that kills everything, I had diverticulitis and my bowel twisted. This became complicated and I had several infections which lead to 3 surgeries while I was trying to get the chemo started. God gave me the best Oncologist who knew what to use for MM and PCL and best Surgeon too. The meds first line are still working at almost 7 years. Be thank for each day and be positive.

October 16, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I thought by now I would be able to go back to work and my back pain would be gone but it just hasn’t happened. Patience is what the Lord is teaching me now. I look at the apostle Paul who continued to preach the Gospel with a thorn in his side and I look at Job and his many trials and how neither of them ever gave up and their faith never waivered it just spurred them on!

October 19, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
want to share a little update about my journey. Recently I went for a CT scan of my lungs, and today the doctor explained the results to me. They found some changes in my left lung compared to before. There are areas where the lung lining looks thicker, and a small mass in the lower part of the left lung has grown a bit since my last scan. Because of these changes, the doctors want to do another test called a bronchoscopy, where they use a small camera to look inside the airways and take samples to understand it better. Hearing all this was not easy for me. It made me emotional because it feels like one thing after another. But at the same time, I am thankful that I am already under medical care and the doctors are taking steps to find out exactly what

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In