Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 18, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Praying for you beautiful Lady TπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

July 19, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Lady T I haven’t had trouble with my feet πŸ™

July 18, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Try to consider surgery and radiation as your last resort. Find an interventional radiologist for a Consultation. The others to look into are physical therapy and the gym. Planet Fitness is free to seniors with Silver Sneakers or similar. In 2022, 4 months of induction put me in a walker and transport chair. At 7 months (June 2022), I was MRD Negative, stopped treatment and spent 3 months at the gym, 7 days a week and regained my strength, stability and walking. I still have painful neuropathy (now just OTC Tylenol) but I’m back to golfing, driving, shopping and basically back to normal. This Sept makes 3 years ago when my fractured L4 found my MM. it was repaired with a kyphoplasty - not surgery with plates, screws, etc.

July 18, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I understand what you are going thru ; my feet hurt, my ankles especially . My feet swell and I have some neuropathy too.
I use either a cane or a rollator when I go out to keep me upright .in the house, I use the walls going room to room to keep me from falling .
I’ve broken a few toes over the past year , they heal slowly.
I wear a back brace to prevent additional compressions ( 6 in thoracic) and (1) cervical at C3.
I no longer drive, as the cervical collar doesn’t allow me to turn my head and neck.
Keep going and do what you can.

July 18, 2024 (edited)
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Same to you thank you

July 19, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
San Diego, CA

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Kansas City, MO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In