Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bakersfield, CA
February 10, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Willy I have a port under the skin so I can take a hot shower and I can also go for a swim in the lake at our cabin. It’s nice because there is nothing dangling outside your body too get snagged on things.

March 10, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I know this is an old post but in case people are searching…
I had my Hickman line put in with only local anesthesia and it was painless! No need for a general anesthetic at all. Here in Vancouver BC Canada at Vancouver General Hospital they never use a general for Hickmans. It was fascinating to be awake through the whole thing. I had one surgeon working on me, another surgeon was at the computer screen and the two of them conversed throughout. There were two nurses as well. They used an ultrasound machine to assist the placement - so high tech and utterly amazing. 👍🏻

December 23, 2022
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Can the ladies answer a question about if you can wear a bra after the Hickman is placed?

February 4, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Mine was on my right side. It was done with local anesthesia and it was painless.

April 13, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I had one put in and taken out under local anesthesia. It was painless.

August 19, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In