Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 19
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Always check temperature for fever and get to Urgent Care Clinic quick if you have fever never procrastinate cause infections are too risky with multiple myeloma!!!

September 22
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Melanie, hi. I'm not sure the plugged up ears are from Darzalex. I do have tinnitus and hearing loss from treatments and antibiotics. I was getting recurrent sinus infections. Probably from my low immunity. That sure blocked my ears. I'm now on monthly ivig. I also see a ENT doctor. They can prescribe nose spray that sometimes helps, sometimes doesn't. They can also look and make sure there isn't something else going on with your ears. I get a hearing test also.

September 22
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I find treatments set off my sinuses always blowing my nose spitting up mucus and ears fill up with liquid too sometimes.
I take Flonase elevate my head with extra pillow helps!
If ears start to hurt I go to Urgent Care Clinic for antibiotics!
Eating warm homemade soups really help with lots of garlic.
I love MaNuka honey in my teas oatmeal and my cough drops!
It taste between a honey and caramel do delicious!!!!!
To dry up sinuses I take Claritin or zertec with D vitamin C Quercetin.

But for strep throat I also go to Urgent Care clinic for antibiotics!

September 22
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Was on the same for treatment starting Feb '25- now have a monthly Darzalex shot for maintenance after AST earlier this year. Biggest side effect is being tired a few days after. Let your Dr/team know any side effects you're having.

September 22
MyMyelomaTeam

That plugged-up ear feeling is worth paying attention to! While it's not one of the most commonly listed side effects of Darzalex, upper respiratory symptoms (like cold-like symptoms) are reported by more than 20% of people taking it — and ear congestion can sometimes come along for that ride.

It could also be related to:

Show Full Answer

That plugged-up ear feeling is worth paying attention to! While it's not one of the most commonly listed side effects of Darzalex, upper respiratory symptoms (like cold-like symptoms) are reported by more than 20% of people taking it — and ear congestion can sometimes come along for that ride.

It could also be related to:

- Upper respiratory infections, which Darzalex can make you more prone to due to lowered immune defenses
- Fluid or congestion connected to those infection-like symptoms
- A separate issue that your care team should still know about The most important thing is to let your oncologist or myeloma specialist know about this symptom. As one MyMyelomaTeam member put it, "Be sure you let your oncologist or myeloma specialist know about these symptoms you are having."

Since Darzalex can lower your immune defenses, staying on top of any new or lingering symptoms — even ones that seem minor — is really important. Don't brush it off!

September 19

Related Questions

View All