Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 17, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

My back hurts and legs

August 19, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Hi Darryl. I agree, your back pain needs to be evaluated

August 19, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Thank you so much

August 17, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Darryl, I know exactly how you feel. I was MGUS for 2 years also. Maybe more but that is when my Oncologist said “you are MGUS”. I am now smoldering. I had bone biopsy and now at 10%.
Yes, I had bone pain in hips and back for all 3 years. Presently working with Pain medicine doctor. I did have MRI also to check for lesions and other things and that came up negative.
Definitely pursue those tests to make sure. I had lung cancer 5 years ago so my Oncologist ordered a Pet Scan to make sure nothing else is going on. That was negative. I do have nerve pain (neuropathy) in my feet. I use a walking stick inside stores. Around the house I use a cane in certain situations. Hope you get things resolved to make you feel better.

August 25, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

@A MyMyelomaTeam Member I would request an MRI of your spine. X-rays show some stuff but not everything. I’d been experiencing back and rib pain for months and x-rays were fine but finally an orthopedist decided to look deeper and ordered an MRI, that’s when they found a plasmacytoma in my spine. It’s frustrating because you know when you’re having pain and then you get X-rays that say you’re fine, it makes you think you’re crazy - but finally, when you find a doctor that’s willing to look deeper you find you weren’t crazy after all. Keep pushing until you find someone who listens. I wish you well.

August 17, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Arkansas City, AR

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In