Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭

Any cautions or concerns.
In my case for my left hip - very tight muscles and quite a bit of pain - Thanks.

November 10, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I have use dry needing for a number of years for migraines. I does not take migraines away but will lessen the duration and severity. I also had a bad reaction to my first bone infusion causing my joints to get inflamed and painful. I used dry needling to help with the most painful joints. I think it was worth it as a complimentary therapy I would encourage trying it

November 10, 2022
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I don't know.

November 10, 2022
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I get acupuncture on my back and it helps for awhile and have been since getting MM because he won’t manipulate me. I am going too see about getting an appointment too have acupuncture on my left hip once my ribs heal up.

December 25, 2022
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I have had dry needling on several occasions for various issues I have had with running prior to my myeloma journey. It was very effective in curing bursitis in my hip and in lessening muscle tightness. I haven't sought it out for MM pains but it sounds like it could be helpful for finding relief.

November 19, 2022
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I used dry needling on my back. OMG! I loved it. Brought great relief, but not for a long period. But when you’re in severe pain, 3 days is good. BTW. Medicare doesn’t cover it. 😞

November 10, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chapel Hill, NC

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Atlanta, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In