Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Essex UK
6 days ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I am still in complete remission after 4 years no treatment at all for over a year. I am 87 years old, but I still think I’m getting better as time goes on more Mobile more energy et cetera praise God.

6 days ago
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

🙏 bless you Tricia x

3 days ago
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I am just starting to come out of remission after 4 years of no meds and SCT 12 years ago. I hope it lasts a little longer🙏🏼

4 days ago
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Ruth,

I don't read anything on life expectancy because only God knows when my time is. God walked through this to being post treatments and post transplant with 100% undetectable for cancer after 1 year. I am 67 now. Live, laugh and love. Be present in everyday. Embrace blessings. Express gratitude.

There are too many people like yourself who are proving statistics wrong. Keep the faith. Stay strong. Glad you are here with us.

2 days ago
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Sharing

When people look up "average survival time,". It never tells the true story of the single person fighting the disease.
Every Patient is Unique , one person might have a relapse and live for many, many years because new modern drugs work for them, while another might have a different experience. That is why looking at "averages" usually just causes unnecessary worry and anxiety.
Patient focus on daily peace, good nutrition, proper medical care, and strong faith, they often outlive any statistical timeline that a computer or textbook tries to predict.

2 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pretoria, ZA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In