My husband is recently diagnosed, prior to his office visit with his oncologist we went to the ER for shortness of breath and bone marrow biopsy site not healing. He's now on day 8 at the hospital. Apparently his kidneys are struggling, his hemoglobin and blood pressure keep dropping even after transfusions. He's receiving plasma cleaning which is similar to dialysis. Oncologist wants to begin treatment in 2 days because insurance won't cover as an inpatient. I'm scared to take him home because… read more
Hi Angela,
Wow, you have a lot on your plate! I don’t understand why Insurance won’t allow him to be treated and covered at the hospital? Sometimes you need to call the Insurance company and explain the situation. The doctors staff should also help with that. Your husband needs to drink water for his kidneys. Ask the doctor how much. Ask about a special kidney diet. You can also Google it, but I would ask the doctor first. Many have been in the same situation and survived. There is hope.
Paula🌹