Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 15
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Chuck,
I have recurrent diarrhea, sometimes for months, triggered by food allergies. I think because I have IgA Kappa it makes me more susceptible. Just days ago after having diarrhea for a week and a half, I remembered what I used before- Activated Charcoal. I only took 3 capsules hours apart and the diarrhea went away. Nothing I did with diet helped. I’m grateful I found something that worked.
Paula🌹

February 20
MyMyelomaTeam

Has anyone tried Enterade for diarrhea issues?

While the search results don't specifically mention Enterade, there are several approaches that MyMyelomaTeam members have found helpful for managing diarrhea related to myeloma or its treatments.

Some members have had success with medications like loperamide (Imodium) or Show Full Answer

Has anyone tried Enterade for diarrhea issues?

While the search results don't specifically mention Enterade, there are several approaches that MyMyelomaTeam members have found helpful for managing diarrhea related to myeloma or its treatments.

Some members have had success with medications like loperamide (Imodium) or Pepto-Bismol. A MyMyelomaTeam member shared: "I found out by accident that Pepto-Bismol actually stopped the diarrhea. I no longer need the prescription or Imodium."

Another member mentioned using a combination approach: "My husband takes half an Imodium and one packet of cholestyramine, split into two doses. It does help him."

Beyond medications, staying hydrated is crucial. Try to drink at least 8 to 12 cups of room-temperature water or other hydrating drinks daily when experiencing diarrhea.

Dietary changes can also help. Foods that may ease diarrhea include:
* White rice
* Well-cooked vegetables
* Yogurt
* Lean, skinless meats (baked or broiled)
* White bread
* Peeled canned fruits

Some members keep a food diary to track which foods affect their symptoms.

Always talk to your oncologist before trying any new products or medications, including over-the-counter options, to ensure they won't interact with your myeloma treatments.

February 15
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Hi @A MyMyelomaTeam Member, Chicago's my hometown, moved to Florida in 83. Don't miss the winters at all. Anyway I just posted on another members page about diarrhea. I was diagnosed in 2010 and after years of chemo's, OTC anti-diarrhea stop working for me awhile ago. If you get to that point, ask your doctor about Lomotil, Diphenoxylate/Atropine. works great for me. 😉

February 20
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Never had much of an issue with. Wish you well. Take Care. Jimi

February 15

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ohio, OH

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
want to share a little update about my journey. Recently I went for a CT scan of my lungs, and today the doctor explained the results to me. They found some changes in my left lung compared to before. There are areas where the lung lining looks thicker, and a small mass in the lower part of the left lung has grown a bit since my last scan. Because of these changes, the doctors want to do another test called a bronchoscopy, where they use a small camera to look inside the airways and take samples to understand it better. Hearing all this was not easy for me. It made me emotional because it feels like one thing after another. But at the same time, I am thankful that I am already under medical care and the doctors are taking steps to find out exactly what

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In