Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

any ideas how to lower these two areas?

January 12, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Dex can play havoc with blood glucose and cause a condition called steroid-induced diabetes. I got to a point where on Dex my glucose numbers soared into the high 200s. I had to take ever increasing amounts of Metformin, then finally insulin shots. I told my doctors no more Dex at this time and my blood glucose immediately came back down to 110. Dex does kill abnormal MM cells, but for people susceptible to Type 2 diabetes, Dex should be used in low doses or skipped.

January 15, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I went on zepbound and it helped reduce my weight and stabilize my glucose. I gained 20 pounds with dex and my glucose went to 6.0,almost diabetic. Once I went on zep I lost the 20 pounds, although my glucose is still high. I just went on Medicare from private insurance so will need to change to Manjaro. I also am very strict with the amount of sugar I eat.

January 15, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Yes dex does raise your sugar I’m dealing this too

January 15, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

It's on his complete metabolic profile. His creatinine, bun and glomerular filtration rate.🥰

January 13, 2025
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Slhenk9, just make sure his kidney function is okay, low kidney function can cause high potassium. That being said, my potassium is often borderline high. I often eat spinach in the morning, which is very high in potassium. So that's why mine runs high. High glucose could be from steriods, if he is taking any. If not, just make sure he is watching his processed carbs. Walking and drinking water gets glucose levels down. He might want to hold off on eating until his blood is drawn, so he will know what his fasting glucose is. All the best🥰

January 13, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Warrenton, VA

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Elkhorn, NE

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In