This was hand with 11 tries
I hope you requested someone else to do it after second try. I would have never sat there and accepted that. Try again tomorrow after some hydration or with someone who knows how. We need to speak up for ourselves
If not a port can they not use an ultrasound to locate veins they do it here,if a nurse fails 3 times they have to get someone else.
It sounds like you’re referring to the difficulty of finding a vein after multiple attempts. This can be frustrating and painful. If this is a recurring issue, it might be worth revisiting the discussion about a port with your oncologist. Ports can make treatments like IVIG infusions much smoother, though they do require Show Full Answer
We aren't supposed to give medical advice on here, but I don't see how you can avoid a port. Putting an IV in your foot isn't good either.
I’m a fan of EMLA cream. It numbs the area before the needle is inserted. Ask for it. It takes a few minutes to take effect, but it’s worth it. We deal with so much pain and anxiety we don’t need more.
Paula🌹