Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
November 19, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I use valarine root, it's a natural sleep aid, no side effect. I'm on a21 day cycle of Revlimid, a weelly shot of Valcade, and Dextramethisone. I started this in in 9/22, 25mg on Revlimid, 5mg oon valcade shot, 20 mg of the Dex. . after 1 yr i'm down to 5mg of Revlimid, 2.6mg of the valcade, & 8 mg on the Dex. .I do a a aerobic workout everyother day for 45mins., sometimes it's a push, but still do. I think the excerise has helped, & my Lord has answered my prayers :-(.

November 19, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Quite a regimen, David, really. Really good your doses went down. I try to take Dex, now 3 days/month 25 mg, way early in the morning and then do the sauna at the end of the day which seems to aid in sleeping that night. The exercise will surely help. Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

My husband has been getting treatment on Dara and steroids for a year. He was also on Revlimid but his Doc took him off because his immune system went way down. He has been off the Revlimid for about 3 months. This definitely helped. However the steroids continue to cause sleep issues. He only gets them once a month now and so he loses sleep for about 3 or 4 days a month, then gets back to normal until the next injection. She has prescribed him Ambien for those nights and he usually gets 3 or 4 hours. He was diagnosed very early in the disease so your treatment will vary. See if its possible for you to get off the Revlimid, or at least get a lower dose. Same for the steroids. Good luck to you.

November 19, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Mepapermaker1, I was upset when Revlimid quit working for me. I actually feel better on Darzalex and Pomalyst. Sending big hugs your way. Have a great Thanksgiving🦃🍂🍁

November 22, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Hi Ron,
I have recently struggled with adjustments in my MM medications with sleep. While I fall asleep , I was awakening nearly very 2 hours and not able to fall back asleep. I took Ambian until the side effects hit me like a ton of bricks and until a withdrawal experience passed. I have adapted my medication schedule to early Revlimid dosage, non prescription sleep aids, reduced my habit of excessive hydration. Ambian created dry mouth and fatigue .So far I am recovering in the right direction. However, my MM Specialist increased my Revlimid on my upcoming cycle so I’ll see what happens next. My blood draw labs were consistent with the trends over the past 3 years. My kappa and lambda tests ,while above the upper Control limit , are very consistent so I fight off a relapse for another period and await progress in R&D on the latest treatment technologies. I have not posted for some time now due to the fatigue and neuropathy. I never give up and continue the battle. Looking good for the holidays!

November 22, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Warrenton, VA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In