Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rossville, TN

My husband has been taking Revlimid since 2016. He was in remission until around April of 2022. His doctor added back dexamethasone and added a weekly Velcade. Recently, he has started having severe leg cramps and sometimes cramps in his hands.

January 2, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

and a banana everyday......working for me anyway. When I don't eat one for several days in a row, my cramps come back ( nighttime ).

January 3, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Do supplements counteract each other, and how should they be taken to be the most effective? Should there be a space between each supplement? Some take many at one time; is that good or not so....
I know when I take my thyroid medication, I can't have a calcium supplement for hours and nothing to eat for at least 30min. Is it bad to have caffeine with/before/after, supplements or does it matter at all?

January 2, 2023 (edited)
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Another member told me Magnesium and Calcium 1x2 - so 600 mag and 1200 cal. I took Mag Citrate which also solved my constipation issue. Other Mags are not such laxatives. I needed due to the oxycodone I take for neuropathy.

The Dex is muscle wasting and can cause cramps due to very tight muscles. I’ve been getting deep muscle massages for my calves and feet at Physical Therapy. It’s been very helpful.

January 2, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Make sure it’s not neuropathy vs leg cramps. I took tonic water and magnesium for leg cramps but there are other meds for neuropathy. Have the dr check it out.

January 16, 2023
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I get cramping at times in my legs and hands caused by dehydration, low potassium or magnesium which should show up on labs but check with your doctor. Foods high in potassium do help.

January 12, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Los Angeles, CA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In