Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

PET SCAN had no cancer but had lesions and active myeloma? That doesn't make sense. I guess Doctor said I have run my course of Darzalex, Velcade, Revlimid, Cyclophosphamide now going on 84 she said it will have to be an IV for about 2 hours sounds scary and side effects she hasn't decided on what kind of medicine yet. Feeling pretty fatigued. She put me on a short course of steriods having terrible shoulder pain at night. Also going to have radiation on shoulders next week. I guess I… read more

October 1
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Just make sure you are seeing a multiple myeloma specialist for your treatment advice I’m going to Dr. Kaufman at MDAnderson and I highly recommend him.
MDAnderson has many multiple myeloma specialists in Houston but you may be closer to another multiple myeloma hospital where they have mm specialists!!!!

October 1
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Okay, does she mean too old for traditional chemo? I don't want that stuff again either. But what about the newer immunotherapies?

6 days ago
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Hi DonnaAndrrew I looked this question up, Oncologist sometimes uses no cancer loosely in conversation to mean no visible tumors lesions are lighting up on your image but they still classify the disease as "active" because of my lab work. My M Spike is now .6 from .3 in June. My Kappa Light Chain, Free Serum is now 23.8H my Kappa/lambda Light Chain Free with Ratio Serum is now 4.10. My Beta 2 Microglobulin Serum keeps going up now 3.77. I think since most of my blood work is going up she has no control with old medicine.
. She has always told me I am to old for chemo.

October 3
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Jeafra, I'm not getting your PET scan results either? Is the IV infusion the only treatment option you have? I'm hoping you actually feel better on the newer treatment. Hoping you get excellent pain relief with radiation therapy.

October 3
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I disagree
I think three

Should be a cure for this desease if they can go to the moon and back they should be able to find cures for all deadness since yesterday
Also stop packing food in plastic shut down all nuclear devices

October 1

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Cathedral City, CA

PET

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Naples, FL