Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people whoโ€™ve been there
  •   People who understand what youโ€™re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Finger Lakes NY

Almost day #30 from transplant- please tell me your experience with appetite & fatigue post transplant. My appetite is pretty much at zero (lost 18 pounds) and fatigue is strong. When did your appetite come back around after transplant/chemo. Did your fatigue change a few months after?

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

May 5
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I lived off honey nut cheerios and Almond milk. Find something you can eat. Walking helps our recovery tremendously. It also helps appetite

May 6
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Anne, first month I couldn't keep anything down and was taking naps throughout the day. By the second month, I was pretty much living on Boost/Ensure/Premier Protein, still didn't feel like eating a normal breakfast/lunch/dinner. By the third month, I was almost back to a normal diet but still fatigued. By month 4 (11/24), I went to Thanksgiving at my brother's, I was a bit nervous because I hadn't started the revaccination process, but no one there was under the weather, and I really like Thanksgiving dinner! Probably a bit risky, but so be it. Without a doubt, the first 100 days are extremely critical in terms of fever and infection, but be careful and aware. By six months post-sct, providing no setbacks, you'll feel as if everything is normal. The fatigue factor will always be there, especially if you're on Revlimid/lenalidomide. Some days full of energy, some days like a bear hibernating.
Get an exercise program going, you'll be surprised at how much better you feel.

May 5
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Thanks for your encouraging advice. I'm in month one of my journey, so I gives me an idea of what the next two to three months will be like. I will take your advice!

May 5

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Richards Bay, ZA

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question ๐Ÿ’ญ
Orlando, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In