I’m all in favor of not having radiation. I did have it on my lower back and the cancer is gone but the pain isn’t. I’ve heard that radiation also changes the composition of your bones and not in a good way. If you have the choice to just try chemo I think that would be best. Less is sometimes more. Do ask your doctor as a lot of times they won’t tell you about options unless you challenge them. Wishing your husband all the best.
I had kyphoplasty to repair mine too. I think it was a great choice.
Always get a second opinion from an Interventional Radiologist. Twice mine recommended against Radiation. He was right in both cases, for my original L4 Fracture, repaired with a Kyphoplasty, and my Bone Lesion Tumor 2 years later, recovered with just a brief treatment of MM Meds.
Yes, radiation therapy can be an effective treatment option for vertebral fractures and bone lesions in myeloma. It works by
• Shrinking tumors that may be causing pain
• Treating osteolytic lesions
• Strengthening affected bones
• Providing pain relief
A MyMyelomaTeam member shared positive results when radiation was used Show Full Answer