During a recent hospital stay, not one nurse could find a vein
They called in a special IV team, and finally found a vein on the 11th time in my fingers. My oncologist is against putting a port in, and would not share why. I go every 2 weeks for IVIG infusions and have Many hospital stays this year. It’s a good thing I don’t mind needles. The nurses are extremely frustrated, as it often takes several attempts, even with vein finders.
Has anyone had an experience like this? If so, did you… read more
I guess your doctor is worried about clots and infections with the port. But it sounds like you need something 🤔
Dana Farber does 3 sticks and you’re out. Come back the next day and really hydrate. They used the ultrasound on me many times till I got a port.
YThanks Ruth. for your note. I have SEVERE autoimmune issues and I have been hospitalized often with infections.
Doctors feel a port may increase the chances of getting infections.
Have a happy and healthy New Year.
hi I am so sorry for the abuse you’ve encountered. You need to get an answer from your oncologist. Why no port. They can cover you with antibiotics pre-insertion. Have they considered a pick line?
Hi Richard. On my goodness. You have had a time. I hope you can recover from your fall. Very scary. 😥 💓 I moved to a house with everything I need on one level. Because I'm terrified of falling. Blessings to you and your family as well. I am 8 and a half years from diagnoses. Seven and a half years from transplant. Still on the same protocol. God is good. 🥰