Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
September 24, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

@A MyMyelomaTeam Member,
Has an amazing story and takes a great group of supplements. I recommend Dr Brandy’s book “Beat Back Cancer Naturally “. That’s where Larry got a lot of his information.
Paula🌹

September 25, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Hi Myra - I take a woman's multi vitamin, calcium supplement with vitamin D, and hair, skin & nails supplement. My doctor is primarily concerned that I take calcium. I'm pretty simple I guess. Hope you have a good evening!! ♥️

September 25, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I take several supplements, but many are also included on @A MyMyelomaTeam Member's page, so I suggest you read his story as it's detailed and has a lot of great information. 🌻

September 24, 2024
MyMyelomaTeam

Myra, many people with multiple myeloma (MM) take vitamin D supplements as part of their daily regimen. Here are some key points about vitamin D and its relevance to myeloma:

- Vitamin D Importance: It helps muscles move, nerves send signals, and the immune system fight off bacteria and viruses. It's also crucial for bone Show Full Answer

Myra, many people with multiple myeloma (MM) take vitamin D supplements as part of their daily regimen. Here are some key points about vitamin D and its relevance to myeloma:

- Vitamin D Importance: It helps muscles move, nerves send signals, and the immune system fight off bacteria and viruses. It's also crucial for bone health, which is often affected by myeloma.
- Common Sources: Vitamin D2 (from plants, mushrooms, yeast) and Vitamin D3 (from oily fish, sun exposure).
- Supplementation: Many with myeloma take vitamin D3 supplements, especially if their levels are low.
- Risks of Overdose: Too much vitamin D can cause nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, confusion, pain, dehydration, and kidney stones. Always consult your physician before starting any new supplement.

For more detailed information, you can refer to the article "Vitamin D and Myeloma: Benefits and Uses" on MyMyelomaTeam.

September 24, 2024
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Will do!

September 25, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Warrenton, VA

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Phoenix, AZ