Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Ohio City, CO
December 4, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

There is a theory that carbonated drinks result in the loss of calcium from bone. Best advise is probably moderation.

December 6, 2021
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Hey Craig, some doctors will tell you that cancer doesn't care if you eat healthy or not. But I personally feel that a healthy diet helps. I stopped drinking diet soda. I used to be addicted to it. It has lots of chemicals. Now I drink mostly water. I still dink occasional diet ginger ale or diet Gatorade when I am not feeling well. Most of us have to take steroids as part of our myeloma treatment. Steroids can elevate blood sugar levels. So, avoiding sugars and processed carbohydrates is probably a good idea. Eating a plant base diet might also cut down on inflammation. Myeloma Crowd is hosting a webinar on diet on the 15th. I put the link on my page. Looks like it might have some good info💗💜

December 4, 2021 (edited)
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Good advice, Donna. Because I am anemic, I try to drink 2 liters of fluids per day (mostly water). We all know soft drinks are not great for us, but I often say all things in moderation (one per day?). Same goes for alcohol for me (mostly wine), but best medical advice is to avoid it completely.

December 4, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Andalusia, AL

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
want to share a little update about my journey. Recently I went for a CT scan of my lungs, and today the doctor explained the results to me. They found some changes in my left lung compared to before. There are areas where the lung lining looks thicker, and a small mass in the lower part of the left lung has grown a bit since my last scan. Because of these changes, the doctors want to do another test called a bronchoscopy, where they use a small camera to look inside the airways and take samples to understand it better. Hearing all this was not easy for me. It made me emotional because it feels like one thing after another. But at the same time, I am thankful that I am already under medical care and the doctors are taking steps to find out exactly what