Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyMyelomaTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 22, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Dawn. I was told the same thing. My doctor wanted me to wait a while after my SCT in early February. I got my Covid shot in mid May when he gave me the go ahead.

August 13, 2021 (edited)
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

I had the stem cell transplant in August and my first vaccine was the flu shot which my Dr told me to get as soon as it was available

July 24, 2021
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

The COVID shot was not a thing at the time for me but it makes sense. That said I have been told that the COVID shot probably didn’t take due to our immune system. I just had my final 2 year shots, I think it was 5 shots. I want to say I had shots at 6 months, 1 year and 2 years. Hope all is well with you.

July 22, 2021
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Thank you Pap, my shots begin next month which will make it six months from my SCT. And I’m starting with either the Flu, pneumonia or Covid Shot. My SCT Doctor doesn’t care which one I start with but my Oncologist wants me to start with Covid. So, Covid it is.

August 13, 2021
A MyMyelomaTeam Member

Thank you for your input.

July 25, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyMyelomaTeam Member asked a question 💭
Jersey Shore, PA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In